Saturday, June 17, 2006

Why?

I’m tired today.. I slept for a long time, but I think I have about 35 years of sleep to catch up on. Ever have one of those nights where you just can’t get comfortable? Man, I hate that. I also hate that we spent $1800 on a bed that sucks a few years ago, and we’re going to have to spend $3300 to get one that works. (Tempurpedic, for those of you scoring at home.) You spend a third of your life in bed (or about 20%, if you’re me…) so I guess your bed should be a good place to spend time. If you take a $3300 mattress and figure out that over its 20-year warranty period, that’s about $0.45 a night, I guess that’s pretty good.

But I still hate the bedding industry.

Some questions I’ve been asking myself lately…
  • Why is all the food that tastes good so bad for you?
  • Why do people think that when they are in their car; they are in their own invisible world and they don’t have to interact with the rest of the planet?
  • Why did the Lone Star up by my work close down?
  • Why do I only have the capacity to remember 12 things on any given morning, so if I have 14 things to do that morning, two of them are not happening?
  • Why do people who run churches so clearly not understand what churches are supposed to be about?
  • Why did I get blessed with the best daughter on the planet?
  • Why isn’t there any chocolate in my immediate vicinity?
  • Why hasn’t Donald Fagen released the sheet music to Morph the Cat yet?

Bulletins as they happen…

3 comments:

DonF said...

>> Why hasn’t Donald Fagen released the sheet music to Morph the Cat yet?

My guess: 'Cause it's dang hard to transcribe his stuff, and Milt Okun doesn't work as fast as he used to.

DonF

Llarion said...

Is Milt Okun who did the magnificent Cherry Hill transcription of The Nightfly?

DonF said...

Yup.